Who will see my project report?

Only the consultant will review your project report to ensure that you spent the money where you said you were going to and that what you did fits with what you proposed doing in your application as it was approved by the jury. The consultant will sign off on the report and your grant file will be closed, making you eligible for future grants.

Is my project critiqued when I submit my project report?

No, the project report is submitted to the consultant and is reviewed based only upon its completion, not its artistic merit.

I received an Indigenous Art Grant (Indigenous Contemporary Arts Grant, Indigenous Bridging Arts Grant, Indigenous Traditional Arts Grant, Indigenous Pathways Initiative) through the Arts Board but not Indigenous/Métis Art and Artists; do I still need to submit a project report?

Yes, grant files are not closed until a project report is submitted.

If you need to know what your project was and the budget for it, contact the consultant to get copies of your application.

Can I apply to the Arts Board to sponsor a sacred ceremony?

No, The Arts Board Act (1997) requires that protocols of Aboriginal people be respected.

Please contact a Traditional Knowledge Keeper or an Elder to find out the protocols regarding sacred ceremonies in your area.

I have finished my project but do not have any receipts. What can I do for my project report?

You will be required to provide verification that your project was completed by including such things as pictures, testimonials, newspaper reports, a detailed description of the project and how it benefited your art practice, two sources for estimates of material costs (i.e. two different retail stores for the supplies you purchased), along with an explanation about what happened to the receipts.

For my final project report, what receipts do I require?

You are not required to provide receipts for your living expenses if you have been awarded them as part of your grant.

You are required to provide receipts for expenses that you have listed on your budget sheet and for major expenses (over $500).

Why do I need to provide a project report?

The project report is required to allow for accountability to the people of Saskatchewan.

An approved project report closes your file, and you become eligible for subsequent grants.

What if my project changes?

You must do the project and follow the budget that was approved by the jury.

If you have to change your project, describe the changes and rationale for them and submit this information to the Program Consultant as soon as possible. The consultant will approve the changes if they are not significantly different from your intended project. (Example: You planned to finish the project on August 31 but wish to change the date to October 31, or if the people you proposed working with are no longer available.)

If the project changes significantly or is no longer feasible, please contact the consultant because you may have to decline the grant and return the grant monies.

What is a project description?

Your project description is a brief statement about what you want to do (the activity you want to do, the art you want to practice), how you plan on doing it, why you want to do this, and what you feel it will accomplish by doing it where you want to. Be brief. Be concise. Be clear. This will help the jury understand what it is you are going to do.

What is meant by community connection?

This means the place where you are from, your First Nation or Métis Nation; it is where your people are from and where your artistic practice comes from.

Is a grant the same as a loan?

No, you are not required to pay back a grant. It is, therefore, not the same as a loan.

Will I need to pay the money back?

If the project changes significantly or is no longer feasible, you will need to talk to the Program Consultant about how to decline the grant and return the monies. If you do not do the project, the money would have to be returned.

Can my family members, common-law-partner or spouse provide me with letters of support?

Blood relatives or spouses cannot write you a letter of support; this is considered a conflict of interest.

However, custom adopted kinship relations can write you a letter of support.

What kind of project can I apply for?

Research, creation, production and/or presentation in any art form. Projects can include mentorships or professional development, or activity designed to share Indigenous art work, skills and teachings.

What art forms are eligible?

Both contemporary and traditional art forms in the literary, media, multidisciplinary, performing (dance, music, performance/theatre) or visual arts, and for traditional song, dance or storytelling.

Who can apply for Indigenous/Métis Art and Artists grants?

  • Artists and cultural facilitators in all disciplines
  • Professional and/or working Indigenous artists who are recognized by their community for their art/fine craft experience and artistic accomplishments
  • Small groups of Indigenous artists in any discipline whose work depends on collaborate work
  • Groups wishing to facilitate an artistic cultural projects in partnership with Indigenous artists

Looking for FAQs common for all programs? Check out the General FAQs.